Look at the two pictures. What do you notice?
How are pictures A and B mathematically the same, and how are they different?
- A and B are the same because …
- A and B are different because …
First, the students engaged in a discussion technique ‘think-pair-share’, which is used to help students form individual ideas, discuss and share with the others in a group.
Then, we documented ideas presented by the students.
The students needed to:
- consider ideas from multiple perspectives
- speak and express ideas clearly and logically
- listen actively to other perspectives and ideas
- ask for clarification
What are YOUR thoughts?
Are ‘A’ and ‘B’ the same or are they different?