As we are settling into virtual learning and self-quarantining (and perhaps going a little stir crazy), click here to view an amazing and long list of at home activities to keep your kids and/or students engaged. A few examples are posted below (source).
- Tour Yellowstone National Park! https://www.nps.gov/…/lea…/photosmultimedia/virtualtours.htm
- Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover. https://accessmars.withgoogle.com/
- Crafts, activities, mazes, dot to dot, etc, https://www.allkidsnetwork.com/
- Hands on Elem science videos https://www.backpacksciences.com/science-simplified
- Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing. https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/…/learnathome.html
- Higher level math series… online video series with detailed solutions to more than a thousand publicly-released College Board SAT Math, Subject Test Math Level 1, and Subject Test Math Level 2 problems. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbQoCpvYRYRkRRvsObOPHaA…
- Foreign languages https://www.duolingo.com/
- 80+ do at home science activities https://elementalscience.com/…/n…/80-free-science-activities
- Daily lessons and educational activities that kids can do on their own https://www.superchargedschool.com/
- Adaptive curriculum in Math and ELA for Grades K-8 https://www.scootpad.com/
- Free videos from around the world from grade 3-12 https://www.projectexplorer.org/
- QuaverMusic is offering free access to general music activities to all impacted schools, including free student access at-home https://www.quavermusic.com/info/at-home-resources/
All sourced information is hyperlinked as applicable above.
TLDR (too long didn’t read):