Children enjoy and have fun when cooking. Cooking also develops many mathematical concepts such as measurement and volume, while instilling healthy eating habits.
Other benefits include:
- strengthening their fine motor skills through cutting, pouring and scooping
- learning the concept of sequencing through reading recipes and discussing what comes first, second, and third in the cooking process
- expanding their vocabulary as they are exposed to new words and terms
- developing a greater sense of discovery with new foods
- developing independence and self-management skills
- learning about and developing an appreciation for the different resources and produce that are used when cooking
Curious George loves to cook. This is when he made pancakes!
You can follow along to make your own pancakes. Here is George showing us how to do it!
If you make your own pancakes or other delicious foods, don’t forget to let us know about your experience!