- What do you see that you can count?
- Can you count in different ways?
- Does the placement of the objects give you ideas?
- What groups do you notice?
- What equations could you write to describe how many?
First, the students noted down observations and ideas in their Maths Journals. They were encouraged to use pictures, words and numbers. Next, they presented their thinking and reasoning to the class.
Finally, the students documented 3 or more explanations provided by others, in their Maths journals.