Focus: Research Skills, Thinking Skills, Communication Skills
An inquiry into ‘Materials‘.
Central Idea: The things we use come from somewhere else.
Here is a collection of objects. How are these objects the same? How are they different?
What objects can you find around your environment that are made of different materials?
This invitation encourages children to:
- develop an inquiring mind
- ask questions about things in their environment
- collect, observe and categorise objects by attributes (Similarities & Differences)
- use inquiry to acquire information
- make statements that reflect their understandings
- explain criteria for sorting