Focus: Communication Skills, Research Skills
Leming drew a picture of a ‘snail shell‘ on his salt tray. Can you see the swirls in the salt? Do you notice how they get bigger as they they move outwards? Leming knows that he can draw his own pictures using lines and shapes.
Notice the swirls as on Leming’s picture!
Where do you see lines, shapes and patterns? Let’s go to the park to see if we can find any lines, shapes and patterns.
- I wonder how YOU might use lines, patterns and shapes to draw your pictures…
- I wonder where YOU might find lines, patterns and shapes in YOUR environment…
Approaches to Learning (ATL’s)
- Interpret visual, audio and oral communication: recognizing and creating signs, interpreting and using symbols and sounds.
- Understand the ways in which images and language interact to convey ideas.
Reading, writing and mathematics
- Understand symbols.
- Understand that mark-making carries meaning.
- Use mark-marking to convey meaning.
- Document information and observations in a variety of ways.