Focus: Thinking Skills, Research Skills
Following on from our experiments with Sinking and Floating…
Challenge: LEGO Brick Boat
- Make a LEGO brick boat.
- Put your LEGO boat to the test in a tub of water.
- Add 1 RMB coins , a few at a time to see how many your boat can hold.
- Post a picture of your LEGO brick boat!
- How many coins could your LEGO brick boat carry safely?
NOTE: This learning invitation will help children think about weight, engineering and design. You can give your child a certain number of Lego bricks for an added challenge.
Approaches to Learning (ATL’s)
- think critically
- plan an experiment
- observe carefully
- test ideas
- gather information through experimentation
- demonstrate persistence in tasks
- use strategies to problem-solve