Focus: Research Skills, Communication Skills
Can you guess what I noticed while walking around my neighbourhood?
Can you guess what I found in my house?
Have a look at this video. What happened over time?
- What is a shadow?
- How does a shadow change?
- What types of shadows can you make?
- What are some ways you can change the shape of a shadow?
- How can we make a shadow bigger, smaller, longer or shorter?
- How can we make a shadow disappear?
What do see in these photographs?
- I wonder what shadows you can make…
- I wonder what shadows you might choose to trace…
Here is a picture book about shadows
- You might want to share a picture of your favourite shadow.
- You might want to share a picture of your shadow drawing.
Approaches to Learning (ATL’s)
- observe carefully
- test ideas
- draw conclusions
- record observations—drawing, oral
- notice relationships
- express oneself using words and sentences
- use mark-marking to convey meaning
- demonstrate persistence in tasks