Focus: Mathematics (Number)
Go on a number hunt around your house.
I found these numbers in my house!
- What numbers can you find?
- What are the numbers used for?
- Did you find numbers outside as well? What were they?
You can draw pictures of the places you find numbers. Record the numbers you see.
Here is a number line to help you.
Here is a video story on how to write numerals. You can follow along to read the book or refer to it if you are unsure of how to write numerals 1 to 10.
You can use a sand or salt tray to practice writing numerals!
We are learning that:
- numbers are a naming system
- numbers can be used in many ways for different purposes in the real world
- numbers are connected to each other through a variety of relationships
- making connections between our experiences with number can help us to develop number sense