The students were invited to recreate a structure using shapes.
- Choose a structure that you would like to recreate with shapes. Recreate it!
- Option 1: Use the virtual shapes on Polypad: https://mathigon.org/polypad
- Option 2: Use paper shapes to create a collage
- Option 3: Use play dough or clay
- 2. Create a table showing all the different shapes you have used.
Through this experience, students were learning that:
- information can be expressed as organised and structured data
- geometric shapes and associated vocabulary are useful for representing and describing objects in real-world situations
- specific vocabulary can be used to describe an object’s position in space
- shapes can be transformed in different ways