We began by looking for patterns in numbers. We skip counted in 2’s, 5’s, 10’s, 3’s and 4’s starting from 0.
- What do we notice?
- How might we use what we know about skip counting, in other situations?
What do we have a lot of in the classroom? Come up with a way to count your whole collection. You will have to be organised and think about how you can keep track. You might need to create sets or use containers.
- Once you know how many in your set, take a of it.
- Use the tool and explain your strategy in your Maths Journal.
- Complete Page 2 on the activity template.
- Use the tool to show how you worked out the total and prove that your answer is right.