The students have been documenting what they already know about ‘balance‘.
Their ideas included:
- using your body: to balance yourself or objects
- using objects such as scales to balance items
- when things are the same size, they may be balanced
- a seesaw
- choosing a range of books from the library shows a balanced choice
- equations can be balanced
- you can make balanced choices with food
- balancing your choices of colours
- friendships: choosing a balanced group to play with (based on nationality and language)
- balance that creates a healthy lifestyle: eating healthy food, getting enough sleep and exercise
Next, each student noted their initial ideas about ‘what living things need to survive‘. We gathered to share these ideas with the class.
Together, we are creating a Unit Word Wall, including all the important vocabulary that we inquire into or might use throughout the unit.